Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'll Have a Black and Tan

I was so excited about this outfit when I put it together last night. I picked up this fun sequined animal print tee at Ann Taylor over the weekend, and I was immediately inspired to pair black and brown together with it. My leopard print skirt was on the list, as well as a nice black cardi of some sort, and brown/gold accessories to round it all out. There are many good things about this ensemble, primarily my foray into pairing brown and black together, but I also think I could have done better.

Sequined animal print tee - Ann Taylor / Black cardi - LOFT / Leopard print ponte knit skirt - Lane Bryant /  Brown boots - Guess (via DSW) / Long necklace - The Limited

I also toyed with wearing brown pants instead, and for various reasons, I wish I had. I also think I should have experimented with other cardigan options, and maybe different shoe options. The brown boot was the main brown color in the look, but the boots seem to hit me at a bad place, making my legs look thinker than I would like. But I didn't have to too much time to refine the look this morning, so I had to work with what I had. To be honest, though, I couldn't wait to take the whole thing off when I got home... (Sorry for the negativity - I've had a day....)

In other news, and if you hadn't noticed, I'm experimenting with new blog backgrounds! I really like the metal grommets mixed with the lace and flowers in the one currently featured, as well as the color scheme. I'm also pretty pleased with the header, which I did myself! However, I'm not sure it all best reflects me and my style. What do you guys think? I'll probably play with a few other options over the next week or so, so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I think this is cute! The tee is adorable and you could definitely do it with pants too - multitasker! and thumbs up for this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a distance you can't see the browns in the shirt's design very well. Black boots would look very cute with the clothes as they are, and I like the mixing of the pattern on the shirt with the skirt's tone on tone pattern. I think a brown cardi to tie in the brown boots would work better if you want to wear them. Love the shirt/skirt combo though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!