Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Pursuit of Harmony

What a flurry of activity at work today. Big party in the loading dock (yep, you read that right) makes for an interesting day of preparation. But seriously, it was kind of interesting - and actually looked pretty damn cool. I take no credit for any of it, and I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I ducked out of my cave of an office for a bit today to work on next month's staff schedule at none other than Starbucks. Thank you for being you, Starbucks. And I got the schedule done!

Today's outfit was inspired by a little edginess that I wanted to impart, more than anything to blend in (or not, as the case may be) a bit with the clientele. And I really wanted to wear pants. My top is a beautifully cut graphic tee that is made out of recycled materials. Yay for "green" clothes! I found this particular designer, The Pursuit of Harmony, at a local boutique, and not only are their pieces reasonably priced, they're cool as hell. I haven't found anything new from them recently, however...which is a bummer to say the least.

Graphic tee - The Pursuit of Harmony (via local boutique) / brown wide-leg pants - NY&Co. / Burgundy double-wrap belt - LOFT / Caramel peep-toes - Banana Republic /
Lovely blue Furla that I want to keep

Because it's also a wee oversized, I of course belted it. The neutral colors in the tee - tans with a small splash of mustard on the side (pun intended - tee hee) - gave me carte blanche with belt colors, but I settled on this burgundy double wrap belt to keep it on this side of autumn. I also like wearing it with a yellow and purple belt (yes, the two together), but I wanted to do a little something different today. I got oodles of compliments at work, too, so I must have done something right! I actually think it's because the double belt hits me perfectly at the narrowest part of my waist, and it did all sorts of wonderful things for my curves. And, of course, you can't go wrong with a nice-fitting pair of wide-leg pants.


Mixed metal loop necklace & earrings - The Limited

Oh, and the party rocked! Too bad I was there in an official capacity - i.e., no adult beverages for me!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously feel like this blog needs a What Would Jessica Do? shirt or button or sticker... because that runs through my head now when I shop :)

    Thank you for keeping me on my toes (in making an effort and sometimes in heels).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!