Monday, December 6, 2010

A Great Pair of Jeans

Remember that thing I said about a day of catch-up? Yeah, it's already 8pm and I'm just now starting to blog. Oy. Oh well! Boyfriend is working late tonight, so I've got Monday night football and my blog to keep my company. And a headache, but I hope that passes sooner than later.

So I'm taking you back to last Tuesday with this post! Is that cheating? Naw. It would be cheating (and lying) if I told you I wore this today! Especially since I'm just in yoga pants and a hoodie...

Brown elbow-length cardigan - Banana Republic / Teal scoop neck tee - LOFT / Flare-leg jeans - Lane Bryant / Taupe ankle boots - Laundry by Chinese Laundry

I actually really loved this outfit last week. It's a variation on one from over a month ago; yep, I sure do have this sweater in two colors. I think I said it in the first post, but that's how much I loved it. And given how popular it was, I seemingly wanted to be the envy of all x2.



I was up late that night, probably having watched The Holiday a few times, and just sitting in my living room with nothing but Christmas lights on. The night before, Monday, I also had off following the long Thanksgiving break, so I was clearly still vacationing in my head. I had also just finished getting the last of the Christmas decor up, too, so you better believe I wanted to savor every minute.

When I finally decided that it was time to put together the next day's outfit - which I really did want to be blog-worthy - I was quietly piecing it all together on the floor of my closet while boyfriend slept soundly nearby. Believe it or not, I've never worn this particular combination before! If I wear a long-sleeve tee under this sweater, I usually do so in a cream or ivory. Can I call it a remix? Whatever the case, I'm glad I did. The necklace is one of those pieces I've had for awhile, too, but one I rarely (if ever) wear, so I'm glad it all came together as nicely as it did on the floor that night.


Bead necklace - Banana Republic / Ring - Banana Republic /
Handbag - Steve Madden (via Endless.com)

And can I just tell you how much I love these jeans? I wore them for the first time prior to my Thanksgiving hiatus - in fact, on the day I was travelling, no less. They are the new Flare from Lane Brant, and I couldn't be more pleased with how they've revamped (again) their denim line. I used to LOVE their denim - we're talking 5 or so years ago - but then they changed everything with their Right Fit line, which I just did not like. It seems a lot of women were of the same mind, because they've changed things up yet again. Whatever they've done this time around, it's working. This is a modern, great-fitting pair of jeans in a great wash and a perfect length. (I always get a Tall so I can wear heels/boots with my jeans. I'm 5'8" ish.) I normally don't like all that fading on the thigh, but these are just really flattering, without looking too young. I guess you can only get the Flare in the Right Fit Red, but I hardly even care what that means. When I ordered them, I couldn't believe how great they fit, and how fantastic they made my legs and butt look. I felt so damn, well, sonsy! I mean, that's what jeans are about, you know??

So here's to a great pair of jeans, and a good post-vacation back-to-work/back-to-blog outfit!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!