Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hunker Down


I'm not sure I have much to say today, which might be just as well. I'm still sick, boyfriend is out getting dinner (best Chinese in town!), and then we're hunkering down for one heck of winter's storm coming overnight and through tomorrow. In order to make sure we wouldn't need to step foot outside tomorrow for anything, we made a point of getting our errands done tonight. I'm actually looking forward to being holed up with the boyfriend tomorrow. Besides a good football game, I'm especially excited about spiced French toast for brunch (a favorite), with sausage, strawberries, orange juice, and tea, or maybe even French press coffee. Brunch is hands-down my favorite meal of the day. Point me to to a good brunch place, and I'm there. I'm not looking forward to all the laundry we'll be doing tomorrow, however...

Grey cardigan - LOFT / Mauve tank - LOFT / Beige wide-leg pants - NY&Co. /
Yellow skinny belt - NY&Co. / Taupe boots - Laundry by Chinese Laundry

So why did I get all dressed up today? Well, work of course. The outfit was built around my new scarf, which has tons of colors to pull out - hence the grey cardigan, mauve tank, yellow belt, and blue handbag. I have a similar one, but I had been waiting for awhile for this particular color to come back in stock. The minute it did, it was mine! And I know I've said it before, but I just love loops scarves. I'll never have enough! It's definitely incited a love for scarves in general, and slowly but surely I'm learning how to tie them when they're not foolproof loops. Inspired by Tania at What Would a Nerd Wear and Sydney at The Daybook, now I want a big cozy cowl scarf to help me get through the rest of the winter - maybe like this one.

Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine

Reversible Loop Scarf - Affordable Scarves / Earrings - LOFT
Happy ice storm, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. That is a seriously awesome scarf! Love the pop it adds to the outfit along with the yellow belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Kimberly - great scarf! I also love your hair - the updo plus headband is one of my favorite looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Sara, I've made many a purchase at Affordable Scarves thanks to your post earlier this fall!

    I have to admit - sometimes I feel self-conscious when I wear a headband b/c I think it might make me look too young. I'm trying to get over it! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Scarf!! Love the way you pulled this together. And I have the same struggle you do with headbands...I always think they look good on other people, but can't get them to work for me. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!