Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to Basics

For all the time I spent knocking my initial outfit idea in yesterday's post, it's somewhat of a wonder that I ended up wearing it today! (I did warn you, however!) I guess it was just one of those days where I had to be presentable but I didn't want to try too hard. Ever have one of those days? Methinks you can see it in my face, too. =7

Dark blue blazer - The Limited / Sequin bib top - LOFT / Beige wide-leg pants - NY & Co. /
Metallic burgundy pumps - Charles by Charles David (via Zappos)

It is what it is - a reliable ensemble of blazer + wide leg pants + embellished top. Nothing too fancy or even creative, but I do think the sequined neckline adds a nice touch. Its color palette of navy and burgundy is one I always love, too, and is what inspired the outfit idea in the first place. The only thing I'd change is the round toe shoe - I think it makes my legs look wider and stumpier than they are. But, hoping to add a little more pizazz to the ensemble, I chose them for their metallic burgundy color and left it at that.

Handbag - Tano "Homemade Cake" in Bordeaux

Really, it all just comes down to great jewelry. =) The ring is the second one I recently scored from eBay, which is actually just a replacement of one I received as a Christmas gift from my sister last year, but recently lost. I'm so very glad it popped up on eBay, because it is one of my all-time favorites!

Earrings - LOFT / Flower ring - Banana Republic (eBayed)

As I was only at work for a few hours today, I ended up swapping out the pants for some jeans and the blazer for a military green cropped jacket (which you've seen often) as soon as I got home. I didn't get any pictures, but I totally loved the casual remix, not to mention the pairings of olive and burgundy, sequins and military. I plan to wear it again for a casual work day (and subsequent blog post) soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love the outfit and I love it when you pull your hair back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous as always; you look so great in a blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very chic! I love that purple top. The causal remix also sounds lovely! I love purple and green together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!