Sunday, January 23, 2011

Piecework

This sweater is one of the fantastic items I scored on my Anthropologie shopping spree that Bob bestowed on me for my birthday. (He's kind of awesome.) I know, I know - I never did post those spoils from that fantastic day. I did actually wear, er, all of it in those first few weeks of the year when I wasn't posting... But I don't think ya'll should worry your pretty little heads because I know I'll be wearing all of it again soon!

Piece-A-Plenty cardigan - Anthropologie / Blue scoop neck tee - LOFT / Grey wide-leg pants - New York & Co. /
Tan angle-length boots - Laundry by Chinese Laundry (via Famous Footwear)

I think I got the very last one of these online, and it's funny because even when I did receive it, I didn't know if I wanted to keep it. Bob talked me back into it, oddly enough, and I'm glad he did! It's so very versatile - it can go with denim of all sorts (skinnies, trousers, skirt) and even dressy wide-leg pants like I've done here! You could obviously wear these with brown pants, too, but I chose these grey pants - which does pick up the grey patches in the sweater - to give a little lighter touch. And you all know how I feel about browns and greys together! (Er, and if you don't, I love it...)


Bonus! I've found a picture from January 5, 2011 when I did wear the sweater with a denim skirt, tights and boots. I love the look - definitely perfect for the 17 hour day I had that day! And please forgive the strangely puffy look to my face. This picture was taken after said 17 hour day, complete with redone make-up, and it's clear that my face tells no lies... ("I need sleeeeeeeeeep!!!")

Refined denim skirt - Lane Bryant / Gold tights - Apt. 9 (Kohl's) / Boots - Ciao Bella (DSW)

The sweater itself is a wrap, but with no interior tie to keep it fully closed (my only gripe). After fussing with its placement forever (and rereading it's reviews online), I finally realized that it really is supposed to have an asymmetrical look to it, obviously first from the piecework patches only on the right side, to its diagonal placement on front (and back!), and the way the front edges are supposed to lay at an angle rather than straight across. It has a very unique, layered look to it!

Handbag - Tano Minilisa in Blue Marine
Necklace - LOFT / Ring - Banana Republic


1 comment:

  1. I loveee long sleeves under short sleeved sweaters...I dunno why, is that weird? lol but this is a great look, sweater looks so cozy and your hair and accessories look fabulous as usual :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!