Sunday, February 27, 2011

Creamsicle

I'm continually amazed by the new outfits I can put together in my closet. I don't think I've ever thought to wear this color combination before, let alone these particular items! The denim trouser jeans are relatively new (at least, new to this blog), and in fact the minute I bought them (with a 40% coupon, no less), I knew my wardrobe about tripled. Denim trousers are a true basic, methinks. I love the bright springtime colors here, which seem to have been inspired by LOFT's spring transition line of fresh oranges, tans and navy. Makes me want a creamsicle...

Cream cardigan - LOFT / Orange embellished necklace tank - LOFT / Denim trouser jeans - LOFT

I think one of the reasons I've never worn this particular combination before (even with regular jeans) is because I never used to wear cardigans open and loose. I know, crazy. I always preferred them belted in order to accentuate my waist, but thanks to my ever-expanding muffin-top, I started to steer away from cardigans in general because I didn't know how else to wear them. You've recently seen me wearing them this way more often, such as in my outfit inspired by Ariana (the first time I wore a cardigan like that, I think), this brightly-colored mixed pattern ensemble, and last Monday's outfit in shades of blue. I didn't think I looked shapeless at all in these, so I've started to really believe that showing off the waist doesn't always have to be necessity, and that there are other ways to create proportion: use of color, length of clothing, wearing a skirt vs. pant, etc. And that's good, because I have about 20+ cardigans that need to be worn! The layering options truly become endless...


I know what you're thinking: "But, uh, Jessica, you're wearing a belt here!" Haha, yes, yes I am. The only reason I'm wearing a belt is, quite simply, I felt the tank was too long and needed a way to shorten it! So, once belted, I pulled the tank out a bit to fold over the belt, creating something of a tunic effect. Belts are so darn useful!

Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine / Carmel open-toed pumps - Banana Repbulic
Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed) / Earrings  - LOFT

Now for that creamsicle...

3 comments:

  1. The colour of your tank is gorgeous and looks amazing on you. Very nice look all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denim trousers are definitely a staple! Speaking of, I need to invest in a new pair soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The delicious peachy color is perfect with your skin tone. And I love the dashes of white.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!