Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Olive Juice


What's that? My backdrop has suspiciously changed to my old locale? Okay, I admit it; these pics were taken before we moved. I had fully intended to post a few more times before I went on hiatus, but things got so crazy that posting proved impossible. I know, excuses excuses...

Sequined bib top - LOFT / Olive washed pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Navy belt - Banana Republic /
Gold sandals - Moda Spana (via Endless.com) / Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine

My attire those days necessitated absolute casual wear, but I didn't want to just slum it in yoga pants and a hoodie, however much that might have been my inclination. An embellished tee and an olive green pencil skirt? Too easy. And almost as comfortable.


Donning a top that does all the work for you (in back as much as the front) is certainly a bonus, though. This outfit, featuring the same top, is a straight up remix of an earlier version of a burgundy/olive pairing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just love the color combination! I've also worn this skirt so often (on and off the blog) that it's one I nearly always turn to for "elevated casual." And just cuz it's a great skirt.

Ring - Banana Republic / Earrings - LOFT


2 comments:

  1. I love those colors together! I've found that olive has started to become a neutral for me, it's great with so many colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely! my concept of neutrals have greatly expanded in the past few years, and olive is totally one of them. makes combinations a little more interesting the usual black/brown/grays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!