Thursday, October 13, 2011

Don't Blush


I got all dressed up today. I almost felt overdressed the way folks were carrying on about my outfit. Even if they were graciously complimenting me, I just felt so self-consciousness for some reason! I mean, when I walked into Hallmark to buy a birthday card this morning they couldn't get over my shoes and were totally amazed that I could stand upright in them! Truthfully, sometimes so am I...

"Piper" Dress - LucieLu / Instant Sleeves in Black - LucieLu

The occasion - part work and part girls-night-out birthday celebration (hence the birthday card) where the invite said "dress schmancy." I think lace and baubles qualify, yes? The dress is an iteration of this one from LucieLu. I liked the cut and shape of the first one so much that I'd been eyeing this particular color combination of black, blush and cream ever since. Such a pretty, girly pink that just makes me want to dress up! Yet again I wore Instant Sleeves, and while they do tend to cover up any embellishment on the shoulder, I thought the symmetry of the neckline here compensated for that.

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)

I just feel pretty, ya know? =))

Ring - Ruche / Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - The Limited
Nude patent pumps - Guess (via Piperlime)

Don't forget to enter my two blogiversary giveaways for a fantastic necklace and a unique earrings/bangle combo!

7 comments:

  1. You look great.  I love the color combo.  The shoes in a word - FANTASTIC!!!  I have the same ones in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, feminine outfit, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instant sleeves? Love the outit, no wonder you got compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! oh yes, instant sleeves. check them out on lucielu.com. i've seen similar concepts elsewhere, but they're basically a close-fitting shrug, addling a coverage to the arms for those of us who don't love showing 'em off. because they fit so closely, they don't take away from the silhouette of an outfit, and the ruching provides some nice detail that makes the look purposeful rather than simply functional. they don't work with everything, but i've been pleasantly surprised by how often they not only work, but really make the outfit! 

    in short, i'm a fan. =))

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, red would be HOT. i'd been looking for some nude patent pumps in the spring, and i squealed with delight when i found these. they've actually gotten more comfortable to wear over time, believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the skirt is very nice very nice dear your hair looks very nice shoes, very nice and great legs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!