Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's a Pattern


Do we see a pattern here? (Bwahahaha... pun intended.) I mean, can anyone ever get enough stripes? Especially when this new blue and pink version of mine can be so easily swapped into this outfit!

Double zip jacket - LOFT / Striped boatneck top - Banana Republic / Washed pencil skirt - Lane Bryant /
Tights ("Sugarberry") - Lane Bryant / Boots - Ciao Bella (via DSW - similar here!) 

The main difference is the addition of the tights and boots, of course. Bob and I were planning to walk downtown for a light dinner, so I wanted to be sure I donned comfortable footwear and - since the nights have become quite chilly - warm tights. I was tickled pink giddy to find that these pink tights matched perfectly with the pink in the top! I thought it was just the right pop of color between the bland khaki skirt and the cognac boots. A darker brown belt brought all the colors together.


What I love most about the "formula" is how the three-quarter sleeves of the top peek out from the elbow sleeves of the jacket, how the large pseudo-portrait collar frames my face, how the the belt and pencil skirt define my shape, how I feel covered yet sexy at the same time. As much as I liked the original, I love the pop of pink and warmth of brown of this one even more. And I can't think of a better way to break out my favorite boots for the first time this fall!

Handbag - Furla (renting from BBOS)
Ring - Ruche / Reversible belt - Lane Bryant / Round wood earrings - Maurices



4 comments:

  1. Seriously drooling over that jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's slowly become a wardrobe workhorse, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - On behalf of maurices, I've
    been tuned in to your fun blog for a while now. This outfit is adorable! And
    accessorized beautifully! ;) You have such a great sense of style. Thanks for
    consistently featuring maurices items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! maurices does have some fun jewelry, i also like them for casual pieces every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!