Monday, January 9, 2012

Cherry Blossoms


January continues with unseasonable temperatures in the mid-forties/upper fifties, and thus unthinkable outfit pictures become thinkable again! When the temperatures do finally drop below freezing and snow even makes an appearance, I'm gonna be sad to say goodbye to all this natural light - again. But seriously, I don't know when that will even be...


So, maybe prematurely, I break out a little spring with this Banana Republic clearance find. It was $8, people! The best part is that I had tried it on when it was full priced, wanting to take it home with me and wear it with pencil skirts, jeans, wide leg pants (etc., etc.), but I wisely (I was supposed to be spending money on other people for Christmas gifts, after all) left it behind me in the fitting room. Fast forward a few months later, there it hung in the sale section during their 40% sale! Self-control and willpower really do pay off in the end.


I'm wearing it with my best fitting, easy flare-leg denim for a dressy casual work look here, but I just know I will love it with a grey solid, or even tweed, pencil skirt once I have to start dressing up at work again.

Top - Banana Republic / Denim - Lane Bryant / Booties  - Nine West (via Amazon.com) /
Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)
Ring & necklace - LOFT / Earrings - The Limited

P.S. Did you see my new profile as the newest member of the Kiyonna Blogger Brigade? I was pretty shocked to see myself not only on the bottom of the front page of their website, but in their recent email newsletter as well! GAHH! I'm so excited to be working with them! Their amazing clothing is some of the best out there for the curvy girl. For realsies.



2 comments:

  1. I love stylish tops like yours that can easily transition into Spring with a pair of white jeans.

    grownandcurvywoman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous top!  I can't believe you scored it for $8.  I am doing a little bargain shopping victory dance for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!