Monday, February 6, 2012

Patented


I'm rather at a loss for words today. Yesterday's Superbowl loss hit us so hard that we went right from the end of the game to the mostly uninspiring next episode of Downton Abbey. All around fandom misery. In short, I need some cheerfulness soon. I guess the fact that I have today off should give me some, eh? I've got errands to run, Starbucks to drink and a new dresser to pick out!

Top - Banana Republic / Skirt - Simply Be / Heels - Payless

This pretty pairing of my cherry blossom Banana Republic steal and navy pinstripe pencil skirt, worn for a busy night of work over the weekend, does cheer me up a bit. And the fact that it was warm enough to take pictures outside just as the sun began to set... I thought I'd turn up the accessory volume a bit and add a super-skinny light grey patent belt for extra color and more definition. There are so many pretty purples, pinks, blues and greys to pull out of the top that I thought a blue pinstripe would be a perfect way to mix a little pattern. A good pencil-skirtification (yep, I just made up that word) for its second wearing. I'm thinking grey tweed for next time...

Ring - H&M / Belt - Kohl's (gifted) / Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - The Limited

I am wary about this springlike weather, though. The fact that we've barely seen day under 40 degrees, let alone a proper snowfall, can only mean Mother Nature is going to beat us up in some other way down the line.

Handbag - Furla (via Filene's Basement)


1 comment:

  1. Uninspiring episode of Downton Abbey? What series were you watching? There were mysterious maybe-cousins, a blackmailing fiance, a possible murder mystery and Matthew might get his legs (and other bits) back! I loved it.

    And though I'm from MA, I don't care for football or the Pats. Although I do have a funny story about the time Tom Brady tried to pick up my friend in a bar and she made fun of his (Super Bowl) ring.

    On a happier note, that shirt, as always, is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!