Monday, March 12, 2012

In the Navy


Last week's butterfly printed camisole inspired me to hunt down this super feminine navy scoop neck sweater in my closet. Hurray, I found it! (And I really need to refold everything on those shelves.)

Navy sweater  - LOFT (old!!) / Teal pencil skirt - eloquii /
Pale gold belt - Talbots / Leopard print heels - Max Studio (via DSW)

I'm really loving the combination of navy and teal. Their cool tones complement each other, while the dark hue of one contrasts with the brightness of the other. I will have to find more permutations of it in my wardrobe! (Ooh, and I've got one already...)


Tucking the sweater in was really the only option for this outfit. The bottom of the sweater is ribbed, so leaving it untucked over the skirt looked less clean and created unflattering proportions. Belting it at the waist didn't help, either. So tucked it in I did, and to give it a little extra something, I added a pale gold belt at my low waist.

Clutch - eloquii

Taking it one step further, I brought out my fantastic leopard print heels. I guess I've finally made good on my promise to wear more teal and leopard! Thanks to the print of extra tans and golds, they were just the right final touch. Besides, leopard is always a good idea.

Earrings, ring and necklace - Banana Republic / Nail polish - Essie Mint Candy Apple


3 comments:

  1. The leopard heels really make the whole look pop... lovely!  Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bardzo podoba mi się Twój blog, często tu zaglądam. Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Большое спасибо! (я говорю только немного русский!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!