Thursday, March 22, 2012

Zeal of Zebras


Did you know a pack of zebras is referred to as a "zeal"? Well I sure didn't, not until I looked it up for this post. I can't think of a better collective noun for, well, anything...

Zebra print top - Dorothy Perkins / Black ankle pants - Lane Bryant /
Tank - Anthropologie / Handbag - DKNY (via TJMaxx) / Sandals - Nine West

I love the quirky print of this Dorothy Perkins top, though. A fun, literal play on the usual animal print, methinks! Those Brits are oh-so-cheeky... Ironically, I was not terribly attracted to this top when I first found it. (I had been searching for "coral" items.) But I kept coming back to it, drawn first to its perfect coral color, and then finally succumbing to the undeniable cuteness of all those topsy-turvy zebras. (It apparently also comes in ivory if the coral isn't your thing.) Add a 20% off coupon (not that DP prices are all that extravagant anyway, but I can't ever go without a discount) and free expedited shipping, and done.

Belt - Talbots / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - LOFT

It is a very blousy, shapeless top on its own, though. I'll need to tuck it in (for a future wearing, I'm sure) or continue to wear it with a belt as a result. But you know me - I'm never adverse to belting anything. Fun with accessories! Or as the beloved Highlights magazines we got as kids (anyone else get them?) told me, fun with purpose!


I now have tons of zeal for these zebras, for sure... ; )



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh, you and the adorably perfect sheer blouses... I love it. (This charming print especially!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!