Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blue Skies


Now I know why movies go overboard with rain scenes, even if it's not really raining. The colors and light after a rain are so lovely! And we've been getting a good dose of rain in these parts, complete with quite a scary tornado warning. Forunately, it blew over, but man I hate tornadoes.... Rain and thunder? Always. Hail and green sky? Never.

Cardgian - LOFT / Tank - Anthropologie / Pencil skirt - Macy's /
Sandals - Nine West (via Endless) / Handbag - Coach (gifted)

Pencil skirt and cardigan? Always. It's clearly yet another outfit formula of mine, in fact. A part of me just wanted to wear this outfit again, but I figured since I had, like, a zillion pencil skirts - and cardigans - I could probably put together a different combination.


The skirt is the camel sister of that coral one of mine. I thought I'd try going to down a size with this one, but it's a little too close of a fit for my liking, so I'm going to go back up. True story: I ordered these skirts in three colors in three sizes in three separate orders. I'm not typically that patient when it comes to online shopping, but I was willing to get it right. (Free shipping and 25% off an already discounted price helped.) One thing I do not have is return guilt, that's for sure. Oddly enough, the sales clerk didn't seem to bat an eyelash at the big ol' return, either.

Necklace - Anthropologie / Belt - The Limited / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Ruche

But anyway, blue cardigan, animal print belt and - oh, what the hell - green sandals. Just in time before a sunny, humid, 90° weekend hits. So long, spring. Take your damn tornadoes with you, too.



1 comment:

  1. I always like the combo of this shade of blue + camel together.  The addition of the animal print belt is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!