Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hearts on My Sleeve


I thought it time to wear this cute little heart-print top again, even though one of my employees commented that I looked Valentines-y (but she liked it). I hadn't really considered that pink hearts would have such a singular message; I'm not sure if that's stupidity or rebelliousness on my part... Maybe neither. I just wanted to wear it again, gosh darnit!

Heart-print top - Dorothy Perkins / Pencil skirt - Lane Bryant

There aren't too many ways for me to wear it that will work for me, however - pencil skirts seem the best way to go. And I say that not as a pencil-skirt-aholic (thank you, Curvy Everyday), but as someone who works hard for good proportions. And who doesn't like pants... (Ahem.) Since I wanted to be a bit more dressy, I went with something other than denim this time. A steely, slightly heathered grey seemed like a good choice to me.


I should have tried for another color somewhere, though. This is all very one-note, even considering what a cheery shade of pink the top is. Oddly enough, I had originally planned to wear my turquoise strappy wedges with the top's second wearing, but for some reason I had decided against it. Some bright blues would have definitely been a nice contrast.

Handbag - DKNY (via TJMaxx) / Sandals - Bandolino (via Endless)

So, next time. I promise.

Ring - Ruche / Earrings - Banana Republic / Necklace - Local boutique


3 comments:

  1. BombshellBeautyBlogMay 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM

    That's a great outfit, Jessica!  And saying hearts are only for Valentine's Day is like saying stars are only for the 4th of July.  :)  

    ReplyDelete
  2. flyingpurplehipposJune 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM

    * squeals* I love that shirt. Unfortunately they are sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. flyingpurplehipposJune 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM

    Completely agree Bombshell!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!