Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Professional Pajamas


Oh, hai, maxi dress! Nice to see you again! Why don't you plan to just stay all summer?

Splatter print maxi dress - Lane Bryant / Instant Sleeves (Taupe) - LucieLu /
Sandals - Unisa (via Endless)

Yep, it's official. The maxi dress has become my clothing item of choice this summer. Maxi dress is to summer as pencil skirt is to rest of year. I've recently acquired five new ones, including this one, and I will probably wear them all within a week of each other. And then over and over again at least until August. They are like pajamas that you can wear out in public! "Professional pajamas" a friend called them. What's better than that? (Besides actual pajamas, of course. And getting to stay in bed all day...)

Belt - Talbots / Clutch - eloquii

When I decided that I would need to bulk up my maxi collection, Lane Bryant was probably one of my first stops. I eyed up a few online (especially this one and this one), but none of them really demanded to be mine. Plus, I wanted to wait until I was able to get into a store (the nearest one to me is about an hour away) and see them in person. Though this dress was one I didn't really care for online, I really loved it in store and - better yet - on me. The colorful brushstroke print was just what my maxi dress collection needed. Oh, and 30% off you say? And I had Real Women Dollars? Done and done. (I paid less than $25 for this baby.)


In keeping with the ways-to-layer-a-maxi-without-a-denim-jacket goal, my "instant sleeves" from LucieLu rank up there with about the easiest option possible. They even dress up the maxi a bit, not that work's summer casual mode would care. This dress is also a great candidate for a cardigan, too, and with so many colors in the dress itself, I can pretty much take my pick! (I might go for yellow next time!) But not today... Since I stayed neutral with the instant sleeves and my jewelry, I went with a bright pink belt to highlight the pink in the dress. And cuz, well, it was pink!

Necklace - LOFT / Earrings - Lane Bryant / Ring - Banana Republic

Seriously, though - be prepared for more maxi posts over the next few weeks...

5 comments:

  1. I love that dress! Also, I'm totally jealous that you're tall enough to really wear a maxi well.  I am...not. Sigh.

    Which Lane Bryant are you driving to?  I'm really bummed we don't have one in Champaign.  I also wanted to plug the Lane Bryant outlet in Tuscola-- only about 30 min. away, and they have some great deals.  Plus, you know, outlet mall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been following your blog for a while and rarely (never?) comment, but I just had to say that I love this dress on you! You look fabulous! I can't wait to see the rest of your maxi dress looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!!!  Strapless, I assume?  They ARE super duper comfy, I must wear mine more :)  Gorgeous, sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, and my favorite part is the way your nail polish matches that fun ring.
    http://thismummasstyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love this dress! the color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!