Monday, November 19, 2012

Top Marks


It's so lovely to finally be on vacation! One whole glorious week to get a few things done around the apartment and travel to WI to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with family. Of course, when I think about the fact that I won't actually be home for the whole week, I start to panic about all the things I want to get done. I guess just a little less mindless lounging should be my goal. =)

Ring - LOFT / Belt - LOFT / Earrings - Lane Bryant Outlet /
Nails - Essie "Recessionista" (via Ulta)

I first wore this outfit a few weeks ago for a low-key Saturday work day, only Instagramming the outfit to earmark it for a second wearing. I simply loved the combination of the leopard print top and the burgundy belt with, shocking as it was, pants!


I'm always an advocate for belting blousy tops, of course, but the proportions of the longer top made the accessory practically a necessity. And a burgundy one was just the thing. It was actually this first combination of burgundy and leopard that planted the obsession for my favorite fall outfit ideas!

Blouse - Lane Bryant / Pants - NY&Co. / Sandals - Nine West

You don't seem many pants on this blog, though, do ya? Once in a while I'm able to style a pair in a way in which they actually look good on me, but usually they just don't work. (And they never photograph well. Cue strategic cropping.) Basically it's just because I've yet to find a pair that actually fits well; it's probably time to dedicate some time to the hunt, eh? Well, until then, a fabulous leopard-print blouse that hits past the hips/crotch area will conceal all the usual misdeeds of an ill-fitting trouser.

Handbag - Tano


4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It's very elegant. Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the pants. Hard to find the ones that work best. But I don't have the closet of skirts that you do, and the need to wear them at my casual workplace. I just wore a tulip skirt I love in black with a burgundy cowl neck top and some leopard print pumps. Now I know that it was a good combo! Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am in WI. If you are traveling north on I39 give a wave! ;-) Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit and I'm thinking about how I can recreate it. I have the same pants issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!