Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Leopard


Believe it or not, this was the only holiday red I wore for my holiday work weekends. I figured I couldn't beat the off-the-shoulder red sweater from last year, so why try? Well, you may notice I kept the same basic elements - red, black and leopard - just mixed up a bit. You can never go wrong with a little leopard.

Black tee - Dorothy Perkins / Red pencil skirt - Lane Bryant / Belt - Lane Bryant

And no, you're not crazy for thinking I'm crazy for donning short sleeves and a skirt outside in December in the Midwest. It just so happens, however, that it was mid-60s that day, and short sleeves and an easy ponte skirt were kind of ideal.

Handbag - DKNY (via TJMaxx) / Shoes - Nine West

To be honest, though, I'm not crazy about the outfit. Its simplicity made it easy to wear, but it seemed much too simple for all the festive merriment surrounding me. (No competition with the girls in velvet and tulle today!) I blame laziness exhaustion confusion and lack of inspiration due to a 60° December day. And maybe a liiiiiittle resentment toward having to get dressed up at all on a Sunday when all I wanted to do was sleep in very late and watch football in comfies...


That's right. I stick it to The Man by wearing a red pencil skirt and leopard print.


1 comment:

  1. I love it, Im addicted to leopard anything. Your outfit is very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!